Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Author Interview with Nancy Fairbrother


1. Why do you write?
I write because I want to help people discover the hidden talents they possess so they can live their best life. I find that the way to live your best life is to be true to yourself by being who you are and doing what fulfills you.

2. How many books have you written?
I've written one book, "You Were Born to Succeed: Finding Your Purpose through Numerology."

3. What inspired you to write your (latest) book?
I'm a retired psychotherapist and a fulltime mystic. In my practice, my greatest desire was to help guide my clients on the path of their life purpose. I discovered my own life purpose through Chaldean numerology, and I wanted to share my experience with others. I realize numerology is not for everyone and is not the only way to discover your life purpose. There are many processes people can practice to discover their life purpose. Most of these processes take weeks, months, or years to complete. I know because I've tried some of them. When I discovered Chaldean numerology, I was impressed with how quickly and easily my life plan was laid out for me, and with the way it fit me to a "T." I was able to work it out in a couple of hours, and I knew others would be as thrilled and impressed as I was. My Chaldean Soul Chart guides me to this day. I also want to show people that ancient sciences like numerology and astrology are powerful, practical, twenty-first-century tools that can help people improve their lives.

4. What is your favorite genre to read?
I love biographies. It's inspiring to read stories of how people overcome obstacles to achieve their dreams. I'm also fascinated with the way people think and what makes them tick. I'm doing a research project now to find out if people in certain groups might have numbers in common, such as artists, entertainers, geniuses, etc. If so, numerology might be a way to detect these traits early in someone's life and help guide them to fulfill their purpose from a young age. In the case of serial killers, sociopaths, people who suffer from depression, schizophrenia, etc., numerology may be a way to detect these traits early and help heal them before they result in chaos for themselves and others. 

5. Is your writing style at all influenced by those of your favorite authors?
I wish I could write like my favorite authors. I haven't been writing for very long. My book and my blog are the extent of my writing so far. I'm still learning, and life has been moving so fast for me I haven't put the time into studying writing styles that I could. I belong to a couple of writing groups and have learned a lot through them and am learning a lot on the Internet, too.

6. Which is your favorite book that you’ve written?
My one and only book.

7. What is your opinion of the art of writing?
Good writing is certainly an art. When words flow like water across the page, juxtaposed and combined in just the right way to express with absolute clarity the essence of an experience or a feeling, that is artful writing.

8. What advice would you give someone who is just beginning their own novel?
You've heard this before. Sit down at your keyboard or your writing pad and write. Don't edit yourself - just let it flow. If your mind is blank, make something up til the words start flowing. Sooner or later ideas and structure will emerge, and you'll have something to build on.

9. Do you have any funny and / or interesting stories about how you’ve come up with plots or characters?
Being a non-fiction writer, there are no plots or characters to create, obviously. My intention is to write  about my experiences and the concepts I want to share in such a way that my readers can identify with them. I've learned when I have trouble expressing myself it means I'm not writing about what I need to be writing about, or I'm in my head instead of my heart, or I'm making writing a hard job instead of enjoying the process. So I tune into my spiritual guides and they help me get clear. And sometimes my guides do the writing and I take dictation. I like that a lot.

10. Coke or Pepsi?
I used to love Classic Coke. Then I loved the original Pepsi. Now I love coffee.

You can find Nancy's book available for Kindle, Nook, and on Smashwords. Be sure to visit her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment