Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Author Interview with Maria Tehuti

1. Why do you write?
I would dry out like a flower if I wasn't to write. It is a passion of mine like painting and dancing.

2. How many books have you written?
I have written five books and will publish my sixth book around Spring 2012.

3. What inspired you to write your (latest) book?
I had thought to myself one day: "If I could go back in time when I was a teenager which book would I give myself to read?"

4. What is your favorite genre to read?
Spiritual or inspiring books.

5. Is your writing style at all influenced by those of your favorite authors?
No.

6. Which is your favorite book that you’ve written?
'Parenthood on Earth - Refreshing Tips for You.' This book is my favourite published book. However, my sixth book which is not yet published is definitely my favourite book of all.
7. What is your opinion of the art of writing?
I do not have a particular style of writing. I write as it comes to my mind. If it makes sense ...

8. What advice would you give someone who is just beginning their own novel?
Follow the voice of your heart and it will guide you through the writing process. Reject the voice of fear which will attempt to convince you why you shouldn't start, continue or complete your book.

9. Do you have any funny and / or interesting stories about how you’ve come up with plots or characters?
As a heterosexual woman I was very surprised when I woke up one morning, after having had a dream where I was meditating and chanting with a group from the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community. I am a person who doesn't believe in coincidences therefore, I knew this dream to hold a message. I asked the Creator why He had shown me this vision. No sooner than asking, I heard the word 'book' being said in me. I was to write two inspirational books for the LGBT family. The Creator chose to spread insights and words of comfort through a vessel who did not know anything about this subject. These two books are a solid proof that the Creator of Life does not judge and loves ALL His children.

The books names are:
"I Love It! A Spiritual Guide for Lesbians, Gays and Transgenders"
"Beautiful Prayers for Lesbians, Gays and Transgenders"

10. Coke or Pepsi?
Blessed water.


You can find Maria's books here, and visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment