Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"It Takes Two" by Faiyaz Kiddi




The gentle beams of the morning sun sidled through a slit between the thin lilac curtains. A small streak gleamed on to my brow and tenderly called upon my eyes to open. As the morning blur cleared from my eyes, I saw the sparkling eyes of Cai. She was lying beside me, wearing nothing but a winsome smile that could melt any heart. Sharing the scattered bed sheet, our eyes painted a picture of this beautiful moment. 
“You’re here with me.” I whispered in my coarse dawning voice. Cai smiled and shook her head. 
“I can’t explain how hard it was... for me to spend all this time without you,”  I whispered, as I cherished this tranquil moment. 
“We’ll never be apart again.” I spoke these words with all of my faith. “Sometimes it feels like this is a dream.” She reached her comforting hand to the side of my face and whispered into my ear. “It is a dream.” The reflection of her restful face slowly faded away from my eyes and I was lying in my bed once again, all alone.



You can buy Faiyaz's book on Amazon as well as an autographed copy

No comments:

Post a Comment