Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Author Interview with Larry Beaufort

1. Why do you write? 
Writing to me is like a gateway to happiness. I have always been a fan of English and writing while in school, and just decided to perfect my craft. Writing is a way of expressing yourself to others in a very unique manner. The many things that I have been through have helped to shape me as a better writer.
2. How many books have you written? 
So far only 2, but more on the way.
3. What inspired you to write your (latest) book? 
I was inspired by seeing the things that we all go through in life. the battles and the storms. Things such as sickness, hurt, death... Seeing people go through such things made this book possible because we all go through storms in life and we all want answers on how to deal with those storms. So, through my book I'm giving you a spiritual insight into how to handle these things with God on your side.
4. What is your favorite genre to read? 
I would have to say the Christian Genre followed by the suspense genre.
5. Is your writing style at all influenced by those of your favorite authors? 
I would not say that it is. I believe that every writer had their very own unique writing style that fits only them.
6. Which is your favorite book that you’ve written? 
My latest, After The Storm, I love it!
7. What is your opinion of the art of writing? 
The art of writing... The gain the true art of writing after you have gone through something in life. Many authors, whether are fictional or non-fictional writers, usually base their stories on things that are close to their very own life. You master the art of writing when you can do that and it inspires the life of somebody else, because once they read it, they too realize that hey, this speaks on me a little as well.
8. What advice would you give someone who is just beginning their own novel? 
Take your time and do it right! Don't be in a hurry to get your story out there. True success comes with true patience. We have greater success in life through our patience. Also, proof-read, over and over and over again! People realize even the small mistakes, lol.
9. Do you have any funny and / or interesting stories about how you’ve come up with plots or characters? 
Being that I have written a non-fiction book, I would say the plot is strongly based off of myself and my life situations that can also affect others!
10. Coke or Pepsi? 
Neither one, not too big a fan of dark sodas. If I had to choose one just because, it would be coke!


You can find Larry's books - available for Kindle - here

No comments:

Post a Comment