Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Author Interview with K. T. King

1. Why do you write?
Writing transports me into a different world where I can relax and take some time out from the normality of life.  I enjoy building lives for my characters and living through them for a while.  There is no limit to what can happen and it's good fun to create whatever your heart desires.

2. How many books have you written?
Always There is the only book I have out at the moment.  I do, however, have many more books in mind for the near future.

3. What inspired you to write your (latest) book?
The birth of my son was my main inspiration and personal circumstances which followed also played a role.  My desire to write Always There was so strong it motivated me to finish it.

4. What is your favorite genre to read?
I like a bit of everything but I can't read Horror.  It petrifies me!

5. Is your writing style at all influenced by those of your favorite authors?
I definitely pick up pointers from other books, but I try my best to have a unique style.  It's nice to read different styles of writing.

6. Which is your favorite book that you've written?
It would have to Always There.  I am very pleased with the book I am working on at the moment.  I am hoping to release it in March.

7. What is your opinion of the art of writing?
I feel you can learn a lot about a person from their writing.  It's a wonderful way of expressing yourself and very therapeutic.

8. What advice would you give someone who is just beginning their own novel?
Write with your heart and edit with your head.

9. Do you have any funny and/or interesting stories about how you've come up with plots or characters?
Unfortunately I haven't.  My plots and characters are created as I write.  Everything I write I envisage in my mind and everything my characters go through, I go through.  When I am writing, it becomes reality, not fiction.

10. Coke or Pepsi?
Definitely Coke!

You can visit K. T.'s website and blog, stay posted on Facebook and Twitter, and you can find her book here (or here in the UK).

No comments:

Post a Comment