Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Days 19-FINIS - I didn't give up . . .

. . . I got busy.
I wrote a ten page research essay, a six page interpretive close-reading essay, and a one page opinion / video response essay.
In one week.
Like a boss.
And does it count towards my NaNoWriMo word count?
Nope.
Even if it did, I wouldn't be halfway there anyways.

What have I learned about this year's NaNoWriMo?
1) Plan out your story ahead of time.
     - Definitely useful to at least have a general idea of where you want to go with the story, although that doesn't completely get rid of writer's block, but it does help.
2) At least attempt to write something every day.
     - Yeah, even if it's only a sentence or two, it's still something. 
3) Don't have a life.
     - Or a job. Or classes. They just really get in the way.

So, um, yeah.
Final word count?
I have NO IDEA.
A little less than 3,000 for sure though.
Oh well.
I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment